Looking for a rewarding career opportunity? AdLib, Inc. might be the perfect fit for you! If you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of others, consider a career with AdLib. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and the satisfaction of knowing you're helping others achieve their goals. Contact us today to learn more!
The PCA Skills Trainer helps consumers to achieve the greatest level of independence possible. The Skills Trainer provides “functional skills training” to PCA consumers to ensure that the consumer and/or surrogate can effectively manage their personal care program and meet their personal care needs. The position is based in AdLib’s Pittsfield office but involves travel throughout Berkshire County.
- Works with the Assistant Program Manager in determining basic eligibility for the MassHealth PCA Program.
- Serves as a liaison for the consumer while going through the assessment, evaluation and approval process.
- Advocates for consumers. The Skills Trainer advocates for consumers on issues affecting their PCA program and their achievement of greater independence. When appropriate, refers the consumer to an AdLib IL Peer Counselor for referral information or services.
- Conducts and documents assessments of the Consumer’s ability to manage PCA services in accordance with contract requirements.
- Provides “functional skills training” to PCA consumers and/or surrogate on how to manage an effective program of personal care services. This includes training consumers on how to meet their Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s); how to be an employer; advertising and hiring of PCA’s; the “Rewarding Work” web site; management of PCA payroll and the paperwork involved; and generally how to manage their daily personal care program.
- With the consumer and/or surrogate, develops and documents a written service agreement in accordance with contract requirements and established forms. This service agreement will include 1) A detailed description of the responsibilities of the PCA, the fiscal intermediary, the consumer, the surrogate, and the personal care agency; 2) If needed, surrogate information including a detailed description of the surrogate’s responsibilities and the expected frequency of the surrogate’s visits to the consumer; 3) A list of PCA’s available in an emergency; and 5) The type and frequency of functional skills training to be provided by AdLib.
- Maintains a good working relationship with AdLib’s selected fiscal intermediary (FI) – Tempus. This includes resolving consumer complaints and troubleshooting issues with the FI.
- Performs all required data entry and documentation as required by AdLib’s PCM Program contract and time-lines.
- Attends trainings, meetings, and conferences as required.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Program Manager or Executive Director.
Supervision: The PCA Skills Trainer reports to AdLib’s Program Manager.
The Van Driver is responsible for the safe transportation of AdLib consumers to their scheduled destinations.
- Drives AdLib’s Handicapped Accessible van for the purpose of transporting consumers to predetermined destinations.
- Secures physically disabled consumers according to industry standards.
- Assists consumers get on and off the van. As needed, assists consumers enter buildings or their destination site.
- Maintains and submits all required and appropriate documentation in a timely manner, i.e. “Trip Sheets,” BRTA reports, etc….
- Attends meetings, trainings, and conferences as required, i.e. First Aid/CPR training, Securement training, disability awareness, sexual harassment, etc…
- Interacts with consumers in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Performs daily routine maintenance duties on the van, i.e. fueling the vehicle, checking and adding oil, sweeping the interior of the vehicle, etc…
- Performs duties as assigned by the Assistant Program Manager or Program Manager.
Supervision: The Van Driver reports to AdLib’s IL Director.
Qualifications: The ability to deal professionally and effectively with consumers, human service workers, and other business and professional people. Prior human services experience a plus. Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license with a good driving record. A copy of the applicant’s official Registry driving record must be provided prior to hire. Must submit to a pre-employment drug screening and random tests during employment as a Van Driver. A pre-employment CORI screening is also required.
Additional Job Opportunities
The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) is seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals who desire a rewarding career making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities to obtain and maintain employment.Learn More